Thursday, January 5, 2012

STRUT YOUR CUTS WEEK # 1

Happy new year to all of you, this is my first challenge of many I hope for the year 2012.
Mandy at Scrappy-go-Lucky was inspired by another friend of hers Lisa from My Craft Empire to try and use all of her Cricut Cartridges to justify the expense.
The challenge is going to go like this:

Over the course of 2012 Mandy will randomly select five cartridges each week from the 268 cricut cartridges available right now (excluding the imagine carts). From that list of five you use the ones you own (or can borrow) in a project. Challenge starts on Sundays, and concludes on Saturdays.
Here they are:

New Arrivals
Jasmine
Songbird
Sweet treats
Lite Sweet Shop
Remember, we want everyone to be able to participate and use what you own so…if you own NONE of the week’s featured cartridges you may use up to 5 of the following: Gypsy Wanderings, Gypsy font, Craft Room basics, George, Don Juan, Plantin Schoolbook, Accent Essentials or whatever electronic cartridge came pre-loaded on your machine if you have the E2. Head over to see Mandy's blog for more details.
Week 1 challenge closes Saturday 7th January 23.59 Western Australia standard time.

I have used New Arrivals and Jasmine for my page layout. My Niece is pregnant and I thought I would design a few pages or even a whole album to give to her as a present and she can just add the photo's onto the pages.
I used New Arrival first and cut out Mommy on page 82, Rattles on page 109, Baby on page 124 and I made the green shadow feature a little bigger to sit behind the letters.
I then cut the congratulations from Jasmine using the oval shape and I used the shape instead of the letters.
The photo frames are in two sizes and there are Oval frame on page 119, then I cut the oval shape again just using the oval and shift key.
This is such a great idea it has really inspired me to use my Cartridge's what about you?
Cheers Shelley

3 comments:

  1. Cute Layout! I love love love the frames...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout. I love how you have done the title and the ribbon bows - so cute!

    ReplyDelete