Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 20 - Easter

I would just like to say a big thanks to Cheery Lynn Dies and to Jeannie, as I won a gorgeous Egg die called Lace egg Three, hop on over to Jeannie's blog she does some amazing work with Cheery Lynn.

Well as it say's Cheery Lynn Challenge Easter, can you believe that Easter is nearly here. We always go to Caloundra Sunshine Coast for holidays so I am starting to pack as we leave next weekend.
Here we go with my design for the challenge, I have once again used lots of dies so I will list them all.
A2 Frame Die Lattice FRM 115
Border Die Carnivale DL 129
Olive Branch B147
Tropical Leaves B119
Meduim Rose B154
Minature Rose B152
The links will take you over to Mandy at Scrappy-go-Lucky she has a great range of the Cheery Lynn Dies.
I have used Cricut Cartridge Doodlecharms to cut out the Easter eggs and a Stampin up punch for the tag. The little bird/chicken is from the new Kaiser collectables.
I have used a glass jar and cut the Lattice Die twice to wrap around the jar. The Border die Carnivale nearly fits around it I just had to cut and fit an extra piece.
A close up of the front, I love using the little leaves and branches they are so versatile and great to use as fillers.
The back of the jar, I didn't bother trimming the lattice die to fit because I thought it gave it a bit of character and the eggs just sit nicely at the back.
And for the lid of the jar I glued lots of the Medium Rose Die on the outer edge and then the Miniature Rose die on the inside. Of course adding a little bit of Kaiser bling to give it a bit of sparkle.
  I will possibly be back with another post next week but I will take this opportunity to say Happy Easter to all of you.
Cheers Shelley

5 comments:

  1. OMG Shelley, this is absolutely stunning. What lucky person will receive this for Easter? The soft pastel colours and beautiful floral bouquet on top - it looks a bit like it's own Easter bonnet! I hope you have a fabulous holiday - so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the multi colored papers and bling! How pretty! Wonderful project! Thanks for playing along on the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Oh and congrats AGAIN on being my blog hop winner!! GO SHELLEY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous job! I love the LID and thanks so much for promoting the dies! I just love Cheery Lynn and it looks like you do as well! Congrats on your win! Great project:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project! Very beautifully done! I like all the elements you used to decorate it; very pretty. Have fun on vacation! Glad you won the Lace egg too!! Good luck with this challenge and thanks for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs! Smiles!

    ReplyDelete