Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 42 - Doilies

Hello everyone, 
Well I was so disappointed when my NEW CHEERY LYNN DIES didn't arrive in time for this challenge as there were a couple that I wanted to try out, 
but as Mandy from Scrappy-go-Lucky said
 " Shelley I am sure you have got another doily die you can use".

Well of course I have but its not the same as opening up a new Die and trying it for the first time,
and I don't have that many really only 186 dies and counting. 
Thanks so much again to the Design Team for choosing my last card for the Top 3 in Challenge 41- ABC

Well on to my card for the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge 42 - Doilies, well its really a card that my best friend gave me for my Birthday and I wanted to keep it as a memento of our long lasting Friendship, and she thought the two little girls looked a lot like us at that age. I cut the front of the card of to use on the frame and then decorated it with dies.
The dies I used are 
English Tea Party DL 101
Polynesian Sails Oval DL 153 just the middle 
Tropical Flourish B 127
Tropical Leaves B 119
Olive Branches B 147

I have used the middle of the Polynesian die to use behind the framed card and in the middle of the large Tea Party Doily in the corner, cut out three of the Tropical flourish. 
 I have joined two of the English Tea Party dies together and then folded them,
 to get this look and just added a couple of flowers in the middle
 The leaves are just one in the set of 5 of Tropical leaves and of course
 my favourite filler leaf, Olive Branches.
On the back of the board I have put the inside of the card so that its facing outwards so I can still read what she wrote in the card.
I just thought this was a great idea to use the card I had and just tissy it up a little.
Don't forget to head on over to Scrappy-go-Lucky for all of the Cheery Lynn Dies, they have the New Christmas and the New Release as well.
Cheers Shelley


4 comments:

  1. Shelley, what a fabulous way to preserve a treasured card! This is just so lovely. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Shelley, you really amaze me with your creations and I love how you use each die.. This looks stunning and I love the flower you have made.. a really beautiful card.. and wow.. you really have a fabulous collection of dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning design sweetie,So glad you could share with us at
    Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Shelley, your page is stunning!
    i absolutely adoooore what you did with the doilies!
    Thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge this week!
    Good luck for the draw!
    Love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete